Jet Journal, LLC
Effective: March 4, 2019
Archived version: December 30,2018 [Download pdf]
Welcome to the Jet Journal, LLC Privacy Notice.
Jet Journal, LLC (“Jet Journal,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) knows that you care about your privacy. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains our privacy practices for our website, www.thejetjournal.com (the “Site”) and the Jet Journal mobile application (the “App”). We’ll refer to the Site and the App, together, as the “Websites.” If you are located outside of North America and South America, and with respect to the Websites, Jet Journal is the data controller responsible for your personal information.
7. Your rights
1. Accepting this Privacy Notice
By using our Websites, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this Notice, then you should not use the Websites.
By using our Websites, you also acknowledge that Jet Journal will use your information in the United States, France and any other country where Jet Journal operates. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy notices or practices of any third-party websites.
Individuals under the age of sixteen (16) are not permitted to use our Websites. If a parent or a guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without the parent or guardian’s consent by, for example, misrepresenting his or her age, that parent or guardian should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.If Jet Journal determines that it has collected personal information of children under the age of 16, Jet Journal will immediately delete such data and any accounts believed to be held by children under 16.
2. information we collect about you
Depending on how you interact with the Websites, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, which broadly falls into the following categories:
(1) Information you provide. Often, you choose what personal information to provide us. For example, when you fill out forms on the Websites, we collect contact information (such as your first name and last name, email address, date of birth, username, password), and online feedback data (such as your comments, questions or biography). Such forms appear on our Websites as follows:
· “Contact” on our Site;
· “Get Notified” on our Site;
· “Get Early Access” on our Site;
· “We’re launching soon!” on our Site;
· “Get notified for our launch”; or
· “Sign Up” on our App.
(3) Profile Data. When you visit the App, we may use and store information and content that you provide, such as photos, graphics, videos, and other content that you create or share, messages or communications with others, your interests, and preferences.
(4) Location Information. When you visit the App, we may use and store information about your location depending on the permissions you have set on your device. We use this information to improve and customize our Websites, customer relationships and experience. You can enable or disable location services when you use our App at any time, through your mobile device settings.
3. how we use the information we collect
When you visit the Websites, we use, share, and otherwise process your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information in these ways. These legal bases include where:
· necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
· necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members, or partners;
· you have expressly made the information public;
· necessary in the public interest; and
· occasionally necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others.
Where we process your information, we do so as follows:
Type of data
To register you as a new customer, to respond to your inquiries, and process your subscription to our news
(a) Information you provide to us
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(a) Notifying you about changes to our terms or Privacy Notice;
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(a) Information you provide to us;
(b) Profile Data
To administer and protect our business and the Websites (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Information you provide to us;
(b) Log Data;
(c) Profile Data;
(d) Location Information
To use data analytics to improve our Websites, services, customer relationships and experiences
(a) Log Data;
(b) Profile Data;
(c) Location Information
4. who we share your personal information with
We may share the personal information described in this Privacy Notice with others. We generally do this where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to provide our Websites and the services offered on our Websites to you, where you have requested or authorized us to do so, with your consent (where applicable), or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
The third parties with whom we share your personal information include:
· Our third party service providers.We share information with service providers who help us provide the Websites and the services offered on our Websites. These service providers help us with things like hosting, our mailing lists, and data analytics. These service providers are as follows:
For the App
Firebase operated by Google, Inc.
Fabric operated by Google, Inc.
MailChimp operated by The Rocket Science Group, LLC**
For the Site
MailChimp operated by The Rocket Science Group, LLC**
Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS)
*For more information about how Squarespace processes your personal information, please see Squarespace's privacy notice at https://www.squarespace.com/privacy.
· Other third parties.We will share personal information with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we will inform the acquiring or resulting company that it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
We will not share your personal information with any other third parties.
5. how we protect your personal information
We maintain suitable physical, technical and administrative safeguards for our Websites that are designed to protect the personal information we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and to help ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you. However, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
6. how we store your personal information
Your personal information will be stored as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purpose for which the information was collected, or for as long as is required by law. Our retention policies will vary depending on the type of data involved. Generally, we will refer to the following criteria to determine retention period:
• Whether the data is necessary to provide our services; or
• Whether we have a legal or contractual need to store the data.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal information. We may also anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. Your Rights
Some jurisdictions (state, federal, national and international), such as California, Canada, and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)), provide individuals with certain rights regarding their personal information.
For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the GDPR, and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you can request to access, delete, update or correct your personal information, or ask for portability of your personal information. You also have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. how to opt-out of marketing materials
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, selecting the Email Unsubscribe link below, adjusting your email preferences, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. disclaimer regarding links
10. international transfers of personal information
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. We use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information among various jurisdictions (including, for example, the European Commission's standard contractual clauses).
11. updates to this privacy notice
We may update or change this Privacy Notice. The last effective date at the top of this page states when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any change to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on our Websites. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we collect, use, and share personal information.